Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

effects of hymn singing

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board effects of hymn singing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jacob45
    Participant

Last week we had a hurricane passing right over us in the area where I live here in Costa Rica, which has never happened before. The extreme winds lasted from around 19 hrs to 23 hrs, and my friend and I kept singing non-stop hymns out of the hymnal, by candlelight. Huge coconuts from a very tall 30 ft high tree bombarded our corrugated roof, denting it, but no leaks developed. In the low laying flat areas there was a lot of flooding and landslides, abt 10 persons lost their lives. In my village there was almost no damage, except for a great many trees that toppled over. The eye passed over us, we noticed the quiet period, and then the wind came from the opposite direction. I feel strongly that most of the damage was due to the collective hysteria and malpractice. I read the chapter Spirit and Law once more in Miscellaneous Writings, which clarifies our thought on the subject. In view of the many people that lost their properties, I will not say that I am feeling thankful, but I am grateful that evil in all its aggressive manifestations is unreal, and that this can be proved by disbelieving it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.