Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Entirety – On Earth As It Is In Heanven

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

II Chronicles 33:8 – “According to the whole law” (emphasis added).

This scripture reminded me of the tree of Life as described in the visions of Ezekiel and John the Revelator: not one mention is made in their records of the existence in heaven of a “tree of knowledge of good and evil”.

So the question remains, if God created the tree of knowledge of good and evil — i.e., the tree of knowledge of Truth and deceit, the tree of knowledge of Reality and hallucination, the tree of knowledge of law and lawlessness, etc. — then why isn’t this tree found in heaven?

“Knowledge gained from material sense is figuratively represented in Scripture as a tree, bearing the fruits of sin, sickness, and death. Ought we not then to judge the knowledge thus obtained to be untrue and dangerous, since ‘the tree is known by his fruit’?” (SH 299:18)

“Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven” means laying the ax at the root of anything on earth that is not found in heaven. This was Mrs. Eddy’s mission! God grant me the grace to “carry the baggage of stern resolve, and keep pace with highest purpose” (SH 514), to wield the battle-ax of Science against everything contrary to knowledge of Allness of Good.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.