Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Even A Little Faith

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Matthew 17 : 20….…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

A few excerpts from Mrs. Eddy’s brief article on Possession under her articles on this website, is very helpful in increasing our faith no matter how small. Jesus loved the faith He saw in people, and He likened the size of needed faith to a mustard seed, the tiniest seed that grows into a big tree. In the article Mrs.Eddy says we must take possession of what is ours for it to multiply as the example of the loaves and fishes, “If you take possession of what is at hand for you, it becomes the loaves and fishes for you, the basis of multiplication.”

If I claim even the little faith I have, that can help me increase my faith, as I exercise it in facing the challenges that come. That is better than saying, oh I have such little faith and multiplying the false sense of lack. She says, Keep practicing “this is mine” until the spirit of possession is gained, and you will feel “all things are mine.”

It has the same sense to me as, “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.” If I let that little light shine everywhere I go, pretty soon the whole place will be bright with light!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.