Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Everyone His Own Physician

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 3rd, 2016 Everyone His Own Physician

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 144 When the Science of being is universally understood, every man will be his own physician, and Truth will be the universal panacea.

Truth as the universal panacea, means even now, the Truth I have made my own must be used immediately as error tries with its false beliefs! Mankind’s true liberty is already here, it has been here for over 100 years; the little we can do to help others know and understand it is very much needed.

MaryBeth
    Participant

The thought that “every man will be his own physician” arrested my attention this week as well. I think it is fair to say, no one ever really likes going to the doctor or to the hospital so what a wonderful Truth – to know we can be our own physician acknowledging God as the universal answer to all our ills. It corresponds to what Mrs. Eddy writes on pages 462-463 in Science and Health. “Anatomy, when conceived of spiritually, is mental self-knowledge, and consists in the dissection of thoughts to discover their quality, quantity, and origin. Are thoughts divine or human? That is the important question. This branch of study is indispensable to the excision of error….” We can do our own mental anatomy and root out offending errors, before and even after they take form in some mesmeric belief called sin, disease, or death. God is the Great and Only Physician and we can trust Him to make us every whit whole!!

Susanne
    Participant

I too paused at this awesome sentence “When the Science of being is universally understood, every man will be his own physician, and Truth will be the universal panacea.” As the reflections of God, the “Great and Only Physician” as stated above, then yes, we’ll reflect that too!
    It is understood by holistic health practitioners that fear and stress bring on dis-ease, and that these negative factors can be alleviated by a change in thought that will then be felt in the body. So Christian Science has had a profound effect on enlightened medicine quietly being practiced in the shadow of the medical-industrial complex, ironically itself the nation’s number one killer.
    This has made for what I have found to be many receptive listeners and hungry hearts for the Truth–the Laws of the Universe–as discovered by Mrs. Eddy in Christian Science. The Christ, Truth is usually the missing ingredient in even enlightened medical practices. I’m now always eager for the opportunity to bring up Jesus in relation to his teaching of the Laws of the Universe and how he healed all disease, and how we as God’s children can claim our divine, perfect health as spiritual reflections of the One God.
    As we claim the Truth for ourselves and those in our sphere of thought, this has a ripple effect, reaching out to the far places of the world…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.