Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

evil brought to the surface cannot harm

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Matter – March 18th, 2018 evil brought to the surface cannot harm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Luke 4:35 “And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.”

#6- Science And Health With Key To The Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy p.422:5-10
    “If the reader of this book observes a great stir throughout his whole system, and certain moral and physical symptoms seem aggravated, these indications are favorable. Continue to read, and the book will become the physician, allaying the tremor which Truth often brings to error when destroying it.”

I am very grateful for the reminder in this lesson that all evil is unreal and harmless. Whether it is hidden quietly in the back of thought or brought to the surface where it roars and fights back. I am grateful that Christ Jesus healed over and over again to drive home the point that all evil is unreal and powerless. Although it may seem to be real and harmful, it cannot hurt us because it is only an illusion. It never touches our true being. Also, Mrs. Eddy reassures us to not be alarmed if conditions seem to get worse and that actually this is a favorable sign. Awhile ago, at one of our Roundtable meetings, it was mentioned that in order to get to the other side of the street, you have to step off the curb. We must face our fears and know that we are protected by God and nothing can really hurt us! All of these reassuring ideas are very helpful to me. Life, Truth, and Love! All God…all man. Rejoice!!

I am very grateful for all that I am learning here at the Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.