Topic: Ezekiel 37 | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Ezekiel 37

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chardelle 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JPalmer
    Participant

The verses from Ezekiel 37 in our lesson initially left me quite perplexed. After rereading it and praying about it these past few days, I feel it has started to open up a little, so I will share what notes I have. I apologize for how long it is.

…the valley which was full of bones
    Many times in the Bible we are told that the desolate places is where we encounter temptation and gain the moral courage to face down error so we can progress to better things with God. The desert that the Israelites wandered in before going to the promised land. The wilderness where Jesus was tempted before going on to his ministry. It seems to be where the first two-third of error is found out, if we are doing our work.

…and, lo, they were very dry.
    This makes me think of, when buying an older home, sometimes the best that can be hoped for is that it “has good bones.” At the very least, can we rip away the aesthetics and facade and find a structure that can be used to build upon? Knowing that everyone is an idea of God, then we can know their bones are good and God can and will work with them. This is where we find that the remaining third of error has destroyed itself. And yet, the idea of God remains!

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
    I feel like this is the crux of our work and our watches. Only God can show these lies for what they are and make us know Truth. That must be why it is important we watch without a personal agenda: Having a belief about what the outcome will be is just one more thing in the way of Truth being revealed to us.

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
    God always requires us to take some action, which is why Christ Jesus, Mrs. Eddy, and our practitioners did and do as well. Even if it makes you feel stupid at first, like talking to bones, it has a purpose so long as we persevere. Just remember, it felt more stupid living a life devoid of hope before finding Christian Science!

…as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
    There is always some sign we are on the right path, as long as we are using our spiritual sense.

…the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
    No matter how bad the picture seems, God is unaffected. Life didn’t need to overcome this “valley which was full of bones.” It needs to be overcome in our consciousness. Once we see that God is everywhere, that good is everywhere, and that all mankind are His ideas, we stop seeing the worst in everything and everyone. Then it is apparent that all creation is God’s, and none of it is error’s!

Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
    What power Christian Science has, to give hope to a world that has lost hope! Hope in materia medica, false beliefs, and other such nonsense is bound to fail. Hope in God is bound to be rewarded! This understanding certainly helps to make me see why Christ Jesus, Mrs. Eddy, and our practitioners were and are so unapologetic in sharing this Science with the world!

And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
    In God all shall have purpose and fulfillment and joy and know Truth and Love and Life. What a remarkable promise that nothing but God can deliver even a portion of. Thank you!

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Very nicely stated thank you very much! In essence it adds up to the ‘resurrection’ (to material sense) but demonstrates in Reality eternal Life!

chardelle
    Participant

Thank you…..and this gives me hope that ALL will be lifted up!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.