Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Fables of mortal mind.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“The destruction of the claims of mortal mind through Science, by which man can escape from sin and mortality, blesses the whole human family. … The truths of immortal Mind sustain man, and they annihilate the fables of mortal mind, whose flimsy and gaudy pretensions, like silly moths, singe their own wings and fall into dust. … In reality there is no mortal mind, and consequently no transference of mortal thought and will-power. Life and being are of God.” Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 103

“We must destroy in our daily consciousness the motives and desires which feed mortal mind.” from Divinity Course and General Collectanea, the “Blue Book,” by Mary Baker Eddy, page 92

“Motive: Something (such as a need or desire) that causes a person to act
    Desire: To want or wish for (something) Synonym: covet” Webster’s online dictionary

I am very grateful to be learning at Plainfield how to master sin by unveiling it, impersonalizing it, and destroying it through the correct understanding of Christian Science. Sin is mentioned 23 times in this lesson. My previous experience vacillated between old theology and new age or as Mrs. Eddy says either too much or to little thought. I came across the line in the Blue Book this week. Looking up the words gave me a fresh way to check my thinking. As we were told in a class recently when tempted think forward to where the choice it taking you. I will now add to that. “What is it that I want?” as a way to check my thinking. From here I would then counter the “want” with “it is written.” For example if I am tempted to be afraid of lack of supply, I can stop and affirm the promises from the Bible and Science and Health. It is written, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 and “Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need.” Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 494. Thank you lesson writers for these instructive healing Lessons.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.