Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Faith/Fear Scale

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not. (Isaiah 35: 4)

Zero Faith
    ‘Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.” (Matthew 17:17. See also Mark 9:19, Luke 9:4)
    “And he said unto them, Where is your faith?” (Luke 8:25.)

Little Faith
    “And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?” (Matthew 8:26; fear and faith cannot exist together as equals)
    “O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matthew 14:31.)

Average Faith
    “… according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” (Romans 12:5 – it’s my responsibility to increase this measure as I mature in spirituality: “For if these things be in you and abound [i.e., If you possess these qualities in increasing measure], they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:8.)

Great Faith
    “I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” (Matthew 8:10.)
    “Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.” (Matthew 15:28.)

Full of Faith
    “For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith.” (Acts 11:24.)

All Faith
    ” …though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains …” (1 Corinthians 13:2.)

The God Kind of Faith

“Have faith in God [more accurately translated “have the faith of God”]. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” (Mark 11:22-23.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.