Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Fear Shall Have No More Dominion

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mortals and Immortals — May 17th, 2020 Fear Shall Have No More Dominion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Romans 6 :14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Emphasis added.)

This citation moves me because it is one of the most empowering Scriptural statements to me! It tells me why we have dominion; because of God’s unchanging Love( His Grace). Today, there are so many programs out there to empower women, the youth etc.. all subject to changes of the times. But what can really empower more than knowing how and who God has made you to be? What is more empowering than to know He who has all power to heal, to forgive sins, to help at any hour is with me, and that He loves me and governs my all if I let Him?

It reminds me of my tears when through Christian Science I learned that man has been given dominion over all ills, including fear!! Trusting this Hymn 181 will help someone:

Loving Father, we Thy children
    Look to Thee in fear’s dark night
    While the angels of Thy presence
    Guide us upward to the light.

Then we feel the power that lifts us
    To Thy holy secret place,
    Where our gloom is lost in glory
    As we see Thee face to face.

We would learn, O gracious Father,
    To reflect Thy healing love.
    May we all awake to praise Thee
    For Thy good gifts from above.

Make us strong to bear the message
    To Thy children far and near:
    Fear shall have no more dominion. (Emphasis added).
    God is All, and heaven is here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.