Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

First Thing in the Morning

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Espaid
    Participant

Psalm 5: 3 “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”

“In the morning.” This is the fittest time for intercourse with God. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. While the dew is on the grass, let grace drop upon the soul. Let us give to God the mornings of our days and the morning of our lives. Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night. Devotion should be both the morning star and the evening star. (The Treasury of David)

This bible citation serves as a reminder to me to direct my prayers to God first thing and not neglect to do so.

Susanne
    Participant

“Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.” This is beautiful, thank you!

DaleW
    Participant

This is beautiful; thank you for this post.
    In Watches, Prayers, and Arguments given by Mary Baker Eddy, there is a morning prayer and an evening prayer, which I’ve found very helpful.
    “MORNING PRAYER IN MRS. EDDY’S HOUSEHOLD
    This is God’s spiritual household. Nothing can enter to annoy or destroy. Nothing can enter to manifest sin, sickness or discouragement, for God, good, keeps this household in perfect peace.” (The complete prayer may be found on page 140 on the website.)
    I also extend this morning prayer to include my family, community, state, our nation and the world.
    “EVENING PRAYER
    Before you are ready to close your eyes in sleep, be sure you are not holding anything unlovely in your consciousness, anything unlike God; laying aside every fear, put yourself entirely in His charge. Quiet yourself with the thought that He who has all power will protect you, give you health, and all you need in abundance, and know that whether sleeping or waking, you are safe, because your life is hid with Christ in God.” (The complete prayer may be found on page 70 on the website.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.