Topic: "Fishers of Men" | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

"Fishers of Men"

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – March 4th, 2018 "Fishers of Men"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chardelle 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

I am so grateful for today’s Bible Study on “Fishers of Men.” Thank you, Tom!!
    I understand how imperative it is to obey God in all thought, word and deed. I understand that I must stay awake to the Truth. I am grateful that the idea of obedience was emphasized so much today. I learned today that Christ Jesus was knowing and living the Truth. I realize through our study today, that Jesus was not trying to do anything but was reflecting and expressing God’s will here on earth in all things. This is so helpful to me! I now understand that I do not need to try to do anything, In fact, that is not God’s will and is wrong. Instead I need to listen more fervently to God. Also, it was brought out that the abundance of fish was not more to be desired than the principle behind it. (No Principle – no fish.) The fish were really a symbol of God’s abundant care and supply for man. I can now see that some problems that I have not met are because of a wrong starting point. I must see and know already that God and his children are present here and now. Perfect!! Mesmerism doesn’t change or affect this Truth. I am also encouraged that Simon Peter felt that he was a sinner and not worthy of Christ Jesus’ presence. But, Jesus reassured him of his higher mission which was already planned out by God. Even though Simon saw himself as sinful, Christ Jesus didn’t see him that way. And he blessed him and all with a bounty of fish. So, I can require of myself to not try to be, but Be!! Thank you!

chardelle
    Participant

Thank you! ” I too must listen more fervently to God!”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.