Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Following the Christ makes us wise

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – January 27th, 2019 Following the Christ makes us wise

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

5. Matthew 7
    24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

It seems a lot of times in this world we are told someone is wise because he or she “forged their own path” and did things others haven’t. Too often in those cases we later hear of that person being brought down because they got involved with something horribly unwise, or they’ve taken their own life because that path proved completely unfulfilling.

How different it is then to learn that the only wisdom comes from following the Christ. Taking these teachings in, and living them, is the only path to fulfillment, security, and every other good thing. Being a follower and a sheep – which in the world is seen as bad – ends up being the wisest course of action.

I never expected to come to a place in my life where I both believed that, and am happy for it, but I’ve seen where forging your own path leads, and it was no good.

I am so grateful for Christian Science, and for this wonderful church. Thank you!

Susanne
    Participant

You bring up a good point, Jeremy. Following the Christ sure beats following self-will (so you can sing “I did it my way” in the end?) or whatever path society is selling at the moment. Following the Christ actually leads each one to express one’s unique individuality as a child of God! Isn’t it the case that realizing one’s spiritual identity actually enhances our experience more than anything else? with the added bonus as stated in the 91st Psalm, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Safe and sound in the Truth of Being!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.