Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

for all his ways are judgment

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth — January 26th, 2020 for all his ways are judgment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

1. Deuteronomy 32
    4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

This verse, especially “for all his ways are judgment” has stayed with me this week as I thought on its meaning and practical application in my life. I can see now that God actually is Truth, Life, and Love. Therefore all that He does – His every expression and manifestation – is instantly judged by Him to be of Him, and cannot be unlike Him. There is no gray area to it (and life before Plainfield felt like it was all gray area)!

This had me thinking of all the ways I’ve learned here which help me know when I am moving closer to God. Here are a few questions that came:

Is Truth being revealed? Am I making the same old missteps, or are my steps “ordered by the Lord” (Psalm 37:23) and guiding me to my place and purpose? Is the need for empty calories, empty words, empty interactions, and vain imaginings going away, and being replaced with the need for the healing, comfort, and peace that only Christian Science brings?

Is Love being demonstrated? Well, is fear lessening? Is joy increasing? Is my life blessing more than just me? Am I moving beyond selfish concern and seeking the good of all mankind? Do I hate my enemy, or love him?

Is Life being expressed? Do I accept the claims of sickness, or do I “rise in rebellion against them”? (S&H, p. 391) Do I see and feel the beauty of God’s creation evident all around me? Do I feel drained by this work, or invigorated by it? Am I grateful to get up each day and live for God?

I once had so much difficulty telling right from wrong, but answering these questions helped me to see how much things have changed. I am so grateful for all I am learning in this church and from my practitioner. Thank you!

Florence
    Participant

Thanks for your post!
    I have found that when I take the premise or proposition of “He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he” seriously , it gives me a lot to ask myself and make clear how ridiculous the claims of mortal sense are! I have found these questions and counteracting Truths helpful:

Could God send me fear, pain, discomfort, distress? God is Love….1 John 4:8
    Is God All powerful only today? I am All there is none else and God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent…Isa. 45:5 and SH 465
    Will He not be with me next week or during that test, as His promise says? Lo I am with you alway…Matt. 28:20
    Does He not have the best plan for my life? God is Omniscient …. and Behold I have set before thee an open door and no man can shut it…Rev 3:8
    How can I lack anything good? He is my inexhaustible source and does not withhold any good thing…..Ps. 84:11

With every question I can find a divine promise that completely wipes the lies out. If I consistently practice/use the antidotes of Truths, soon the awful unreality of the tormenting claims lose their supposed power. I like to never lose sight of the Truth that,”No power can withstand divine Love.” SH 224; I find it a great comfort!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.