Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

For Ever and Ever

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 1st, 2017 For Ever and Ever

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

2. Psalm 48 : 10, 14
    10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
    14 For this God is our God for ever and ever:

And then Mrs. Eddy says on page 264:13-19, As mortals gain more correct views of God and man multitudinous objects of creation, which before were invisible, will become visible. When we realize that Life is Spirit, never in nor of matter, this understanding will expand into self-completeness, finding all in God, good, and needing no other consciousness.

How grateful I am for our Lesson sermons! We need no other consciousness than our merciful and everlasting God… for ever and ever.

Gary
    Participant

“this understanding will expand into self-completeness, finding all in God, good, and needing no other consciousness.”

This statement is actually more scientific than might appear. The reason we do not need any other consciousness than our merciful and everlasting God is because there IS NO OTHER CONSCIOUSNESS than God, the Mind that knows all and made all and governs all. If I am not listening to that Mind (in that Mind) and acting in accordance with my spiritual sense, I am actually un-conscious, not conscious. As in sleep when I am dreaming, the dream seems real, but I am actually unconscious until I wake up.

So it is when I am “physically” awake. If I am full of envy, greed, lust, I am full of pride, which is ingratitude and which is fatal. If I am full of fear of disease or sin, then I am full of superstition, which is a denial of Truth and is also fatal. These are the waking dreams Mrs. Eddy refers to. They are not states of real consciousness because they are not conscious of God, or reality.

I used to think it was harmless to drift into an “unconscious” state of accepting the mortal picture, whether it is the belief of pain or pleasure in matter, or intellectualism, or acceptance of illness; but it is not harmless, because it is a denial of Truth, which Mrs. Eddy states is fatal. We always have experiences that “wake us up” out of this unconscious state, but it is a real challenge to keep ourselves awake and in our right mind. This is where a good church and good practitioners are so valuable. They don’t let us “sleep on.”

chardelle

Thank you. We have no other consciousness!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.