Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

For my thoughts are not your thoughts.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – November 24th, 2019 For my thoughts are not your thoughts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Be firm in your understanding that the divine Mind governs, and that in Science man reflects God’s government.” by Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health page 393

Sunday’s teachings on Claiming Your Immortality led so wonderfully into the beautiful Lesson this week. In thinking about the instructions about standing “porter at the door of thought” I realized that I had allowed memories of the past creep in. I could see more clearly how destructive this thinking was if unchallenged with the Truth found in Christian Science. To maintain their health I am sure Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, did not use their time ruminating about things and then “at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children.” Below is a quote I came across last week.

“Told about some friends calling on Mrs. Eddy one day, and a servant told them she was in the back yard. They went around the house, and seeing Mrs. Eddy seemed to be busy, they started away; but she called to them to come to her, and then asked them if they knew what she was doing. They replied they didn’t, and then she said, ‘I am going back in my memory just as far as I can remember and denying all the error that ever seemed to happen to me.’ It is poor use of memory to review error.” by Bicknell Young
    from 1937 College, page 12

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.