Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"…no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mortals and Immortals – November 17th, 2019 "…no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.” John 10: 29

Pluck: To separate by pulling; to tear away. (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)

Today this Bible citation stood out to me from our Lesson. It is written that, “no man is able to pluck them out.” The protection is there if I choose to remain in His hand. The quote below, that is often repeated here, came to thought and brought a new appreciation of its instructive message.

“Obeying the divine Principle which you profess to understand and love, demonstrates Truth. Never absent from your post, never off guard, never ill-humored, never unready to work for God, — is obedience; being ‘faithful over a few things.’ If in one instance obedience be lacking, you lose the scientific rule and its reward: namely, to be made ‘ruler over many things.'” from Miscellaneous Writings by Mary Baker Eddy, page 116: 25-3

chardelle

Thank you for this post. Since discovering this passage from John 10 after coming to Plainfield I have used it in my prayers for all mankind- especially children . Because the Christ is within us and Jesus loved the little children, no matter what the material or human circumstances may be, they cannot be “plucked” away from divine Love. I just read today, ” No power can withstand divine Love.” SH p.224 There seem to be many outside influences invading the lives of our children and grandchildren, but when I pray this prayer I feel a peace within me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.