Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Freely ye have received, freely give.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christian Science – December 31st, 2017 Freely ye have received, freely give.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Today I had a chance to listen to “Judge Not” by Mary Baker Eddy which was in today’s Daily Calendar Statement email. Mrs. Eddy was writing about holding a personal sense of others. Below is an excerpt from the article that can be found on p. 290 of Miscellaneous Writings-
    “…my affections involuntarily flow out towards all. When will the world cease to judge of causes from a personal sense of things, conjectural and misapprehensive! When thought dwells in God, — and it should not, to our consciousness, dwell elsewhere, — one must benefit those who hold a place in one’s memory, whether it be friend or foe, and each share the benefit of that radiation. This individual blessedness and blessing comes not so much from individual as from universal love: it emits light because it reflects; and all who are receptive share this equally.”

It occurred to me that the healing Jesus did such as the blind man in our lesson this week was not a special privilege he bestowed on a few chosen or preferred people. In fact often it was the outcasts that received the benefit of his healing work. It was the blind man who was receptive to the light Jesus radiated for universal good. It is wonderful to be learning how to open thought to this universal Science that is free to all who are receptive. It is not portioned out, limited, exclusive, nor does it expire become exhausted or diminish. As David says, “My cup runneth over.”

“And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out,.. Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. …And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called…And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. And Jesus answered,… What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.” Matthew 10

“Truth’s immortal idea is sweeping down the centuries, gathering beneath its wings the sick and sinning.” Mary Baker Eddy

Thank you for this beautiful lesson!

Florence
    Participant

“This individual blessedness and blessing comes not so much from individual as from universal love: it emits light because it reflects; and all who are receptive share this equally.”

Thanks for this post! It is so true that to resolve to live a life of blessedness, keeps one grateful, reflecting the true joy that only comes from God. Each day I pray to be able to see correctly others I come across, to know that each has the Christ within and to follow as best as I can Christ’s example of living this universal Love.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.