Topic: From glory to glory | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

From glory to glory

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Florence 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JPalmer
    Participant

GOLDEN TEXT: JOB 29 : 20
    “My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.”

RESPONSIVE READING: Isaiah 40
    5. And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

7. II Corinthians 3
    18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

6. 252
    I am Spirit. Man, whose senses are spiritual, is my likeness. He reflects the infinite understanding, for I am Infinity. The beauty of holiness, the perfection of being, imperishable glory, — all are Mine, for I am God.

I used to not know what to do with praise, or even mild appreciation, until Christian Science turned that around. Now, if any praise or recognition comes, I feel great joy knowing it is praise for what was done at God’s direction, and therefore for God, Himself. So, when I read what this lesson says about glory, it became clear that any real glory I, or anyone, might appear to possess is merely God’s glory reflected. Looking “from glory to glory” I must see its source always in God. Finally, because it is His glory, it shines on all of us, since, as Mrs. Eddy wrote, “whatever blesses one blesses all.” (S&H, p. 206)

What wonderful, life-changing lessons I am learning here! Thank you so much!

Florence
    Participant

Beautiful, in God it is from Glory to Glory not Glory to doom!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.