Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Giveth to all men liberally.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind — February 20th, 2022 Giveth to all men liberally.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;” Proverbs 2

It was mentioned in Mrs. Singleterry’s testimony last night that we are to seek and focus on God for cures to problems not focus on the solution and reminded us that Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount, “Seek first the Kingdom of God.” This wonderful lesson on wisdom brought home how when I become focused on the solution or problem then I try to solve things with my own understanding or search for wisdom from other sources. This is breaking the First commandment and fails since God is not in it. What a tremendous promise we have from the Golden Text, James 1 : 5 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” This speaks to me more of the full surrender and trust taught continually at this church. My part is to cultivate my spiritual sense so I can hear God. To know God better desiring with all my heart a relationship with God.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.