Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Go and do likewise

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fairlie
    Participant

S&H “Implicit faith in the Teacher and all the emotional love we can bestow on him, will never alone make us imitators of him. We must go and do likewise, else we are not improving the great blessings which our Master worked and suffered to bestow upon us.” As Mrs. Eddy points out, though we deeply love Jesus as we read and study his words and his sacrifice for us, as in any class, we have to go forth and strive to demonstrate what we learn; this is the challenge. Endless gratitude to Plainfield for taking up the work of teaching us and helping us to “go and do likewise.”

DaleW
    Participant

May I add my grateful thanks, as well, for the continual teaching and support in this church. After being in Christian Science all my life, it is here that I’m learning what it means to really practice this Science. It is not to make our lives better, but to put God first and make the world better. It is being alert, as is pointed out in this week’s Lesson, to Principle and to not react to or accept error in any form, whether it comes through a person or a false law. There are challenges in the world every day, but it is through practicing and obeying the law of God that victories come, and therefore, joy and peace.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.