Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Go Forward

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

4. Exodus 14 : 5, 6, 15 (to 1st ,), 15 (speak), 19-22, 30, 31
    5 And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
    6 And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:
    15 And the LORD said unto Moses, …speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
    19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

GO FORWARD! This is a direct command. When we listen and do this, everything is made ready and safe which we call protection. This protection I think is actually God’s plan that unfolds once we heed the message. This concept was also brought up at a Roundtable Discussion. Listen for the message and then obey… the obedience part has often tripped me up but by coming to Plainfield Church, and being with people who are obedient to God my path has become clearer. I now often ask myself .. Am I obeying what You want me to do?

Susanne
    Participant

Ditto! “…being with people who are obedient to God my path has become clearer.” Yes! Plainfield has given me the spiritual muscle to go forward, trusting God, instead of going forward through sheer self-will. This has developed my spiritual sense, taught me obedience, and what a huge difference this has made in my life, completely turned it around I should say! By trusting God, and listening and doing the best we know how, He’ll take care of us better than we could ever have imagined. And yes, when we’re actively listening to God and grateful for His guidance, we are indeed safe. Trusting in God’s plan gets rid of all the “What ifs” and allows us to help others better, which is why we’re here after all.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you for these posts. It is interesting that in our December “Love is the Liberator” magazine there is an article called “Go Forward” taken from an early 1886 CS Journal. The author states, “There is no standing still in Christian Science – the movement is ever onward. To halt is to give place to the enemy which pushes hard behind. Neither may we look back; for having put one’s hand to the plow he must ‘go forward,’ driving deep the plow-share, that every weed of evil may be rooted out.” And Mrs. Eddy admonishes us that it is “not wise to take a halting and half-way position…” (S&H) Sometimes we might feel like stopping, turning around or taking some big long rest, but these statements remind us to “keep on keeping on.”! The way is always upward and onward – and it is a way filled joy and satisfaction in obedience to God.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.