Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"God Almighty, or God All Sufficient"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. ” (Genesis 17:1,2)

Spurgeon’s commentary writes about this “I am the Almighty God.” True confidence leans alone on God who declares himself to be God Almighty, or God All Sufficient-….The Lord is all sufficient in power to accomplish his own purposes; he is all sufficient in wisdom to find his own way through difficulties which to us may appear to be like a maze but to him are plain enough. And he is all sufficient in love so that he will never fail us for lack of mercy in his heart or pity in his bosom. God is God All Sufficient! The Lord meant the language before us to be a gentle but unmistakable rebuke for Abram, for he said in effect, “I am God All Sufficient-quite sufficient to fulfill my own purposes without your help, quite able to achieve my own designs…”

How reassuring to know that no matter how difficult a situation appears to be to the mortal sense of things, the mortal sense of anything can never see beyond its own finite viewpoint, a viewpoint outside of the Allness of God. Within that viewpoint are all kinds of limitations, age, upbringing, education, race, economic resources, intelligence, etc., etc. God has a purpose for each and every one of his ideas and when we drop the false sense of a selfhood apart from Almighty God, one can begin to see that God is working His purpose out for each and everyone of us, and sees only infinity expressed. Thank you lesson writers for your powerful and inspiring lessons.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.