Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God gives strength.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God — January 2nd, 2022 God gives strength.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AMB
    Participant

A small extract from a testimony in the book ‘A Century of Christian Science Healing –
    “I was living in Hong Kong when the Pacific war broke out and I was one of about 2,500 Europeans interned by the Japanese Army in 1942. We had a sudden switch from foods we had been eating all our lives to a diet that lacked the food elements that a European is used to. Twice a day we had a small soup bowl of rice, sometimes combined with chrysanthemum leaves or a thin-leafed water spinach. As a result, the camp was continually full of cases of nutritional diseases, such as beriberi and pellagra, or wounds that wouldn’t heal.
    But through what knowledge I had of Christian Science I knew enough about scientific prayer so that I was able to overcome the problem of an insufficient and unbalanced diet. Never once during the whole 3 years 8 months of internment did I suffer any of the symptoms of the various malnutritional diseases, or any disease at all. In spite of the thin diet, I was not weakened, nor did I lose any weight during the period, and we worked very hard each day. ( James Connell Brown, Dorset, England. )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.