Topic: God is always everywhere. | Member Section

Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God is always everywhere.

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Spirit — August 9th, 2020 God is always everywhere.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MaryBeth 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

spencel
    Participant

“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” Psalm 139 : 7

“It (psalm 139) sings the omniscience and omnipresence of God. … Psalms 139:7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? As if he had said, “Whither can I flee from thee, whose essence, presence, and power is everywhere?” Psalms 139:8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. As if he had said, “There is no height above thee, there is no depth below thee.” … Psalms 139:10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. ”As if he had said, “Thence shall thy hand lead me back, and hold me fast like a fugitive.”
    “HINTS TO PREACHERS. Ver. 7-10.
    1. God is wherever I am. I fill but a small part of space; he fills all space.
    2. He is wherever I shall be. He does not move with me, but I move in him. “In him we live, and move.”
    3. God is wherever I could be. “If I ascend to heaven”, etc. “If I descend to Sheol”, etc. If I travel with the sunbeams to the most distant part of the earth, or heavens, or the sea, I shall be in thy hand. Man is always somewhere, and God is always everywhere.”
    By Charles Spurgeon

After so many years of feeling apart from God I am so grateful to be here learning to feel God’s presence. Only by your thoughts do you seem to separate yourself from God. Even if you feel like you are in hell, God hasn’t changed or gone anywhere and if you feel like you are in heaven it is even more important to be alert to acknowledge God’s omnipresence.

spencel
    Participant

This reminded me of a poem printed in our July 2019 Love is the Liberator:

“I arise today
    Through the strength of heaven;
    Light of the sun, Splendor of fire,
    Speed of lightning, Swiftness of the wind,
    Depth of the sea, Stability of the earth,
    Firmness of the rock.
    I arise today
    Through God’s strength to pilot me;
    God’s might to uphold me, God’s wisdom to guide me,
    God’s eye to look before me, God’s ear to hear me,
    God’s word to speak for me, God’s hand to guard me,
    God’s way to lie before me, God’s shield to protect me,
    God’s hosts to save me, Afar and anear,
    Alone or in a multitude.
    Christ shield me today
    Against wounding,
    Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
    Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
    Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
    Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
    Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
    Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
    Christ in the eye that sees me,
    Christ in the ear that hears me.
    I arise today
    Through the mighty strength
    Of the Lord of creation.”
    — “The Deer’s Cry” by Saint Patrick in the year 433 AD

KarenM
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I love the poem “The Deer’s Cry” and listen to it sometimes before going to sleep. It often brings tears to my eyes. Here is one of many beautiful renditions of the poem “The Deer’s Cry” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAuJgMDwTlw

Susan
    Participant

I love this and had never heard of it. So beautiful thank you.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you – this is one of my favorite prayers too. Maybe we can sing it some Sunday. Thank you for the link!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.