Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God Is In The Midst of Her

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Psalm 46:5-7
    5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

From Matthew Henry If God be in our hearts, by his word dwelling richly in us, we shall be established, we shall be helped; let us trust and not be afraid.(Emphasis Added)

To me this can be applied to ourselves as one of the most important instructions to have God in our lives, to have Him in all we do; this is the preventative benefit for health and safety not to be ignored. Verse 5 has been used as a counterfact for when the lying suggestion says something is going on in your body. Why can’t this also be a commanding rejection to the claims of stomach troubles and digestive claims?

“God is in my midst! Don’t try me, I am not a poor mortal, but God’s own child” would be a confident response to such claims…..Of course this is only effective if we have been living the Truth, if His word is in our hearts.

This Psalm was about Jerusalem when it was besieged by Assyria; hence it is true today then for all nations, states, counties, cities and towns, homes and each one of us to put God first. God never fails us if we do not deny Him.

Thanks to the Lesson writer for the uplifting and confidence boosting Lesson!

chardelle

Thank you. I will be using this before I do my Watches.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.