Topic: God is our helper | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

God is our helper

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 2nd, 2017 God is our helper

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Florence 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MaryBeth
    Participant

“And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows.” (Exodus)
    Mrs. Eddy has a beautiful and explanatory correlative to this passage in her article “Unity of Good” in which she states,
    “If He (God) is All, He can have no consciousness of anything unlike Himself; because, if He is omnipresent, there can be nothing outside of Himself.
    Now this self-same God is our helper. He pities us. He has mercy upon us, and guides every event of our careers. He is near to them who adore Him. To understand Him, without a single taint of our mortal finite sense of sin, sickness, or death, is to approach Him and become like Him.”
    What a Good God we have! And how privileged we are to have Mrs. Eddy’s pure and true explanations of Him! Moses knew these Truths about God and this understanding enabled him to lead the children of Israel through the Red Sea – with the Egyptians hot on their trail. Talk about pressure! And yet Moses, poised in his great trust for his heavenly Father declared, “Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.” (Exodus) And so it was.

MaryBeth
    Participant

I think what is so wonderful about this statement from “Unity of Good” is Mrs. Eddy is saying – God is all things Good to His creation. Yes, He is our consciousness – our very thoughts. He is also our Helper, our Guide, our best and ever Friend – what ever the need is at the moment He comes and reveals Himself to us, fulfilling that need, in whatever way we can best comprehend. What an awesome God we have! I am so grateful for Mrs. Eddy and for her writings!

Florence
    Participant

Thank you for these posts; and indeed how awesome is that? Where SH states p. 487 : 27-1 The understanding that Life is God, Spirit, lengthens our days by strengthening our trust in the deathless reality of Life, its almightiness and immortality..

How often am I reminding myself of that, so that I can be firm in my conviction that sin, dis-ease and death are not a part of that eternal Life. We can all KNOW this if we persist in it and stand ready to shut out the mortal senses and their false capacities; they do NOT tell us anything real!

This from the Lesson seals what needs to be done: SH p 276 If God is admitted to be the only Mind and Life, there ceases to be any opportunity for sin and death. When we learn in Science how to be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect, thought is turned into new and healthy channels, — towards the contemplation of things immortal and away from materiality to the Principle of the universe, including harmonious man.

I am immensely grateful to learn that!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.