Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God Made the World

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

Acts 17; God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

In The healing of the Nations by Wm. D. McCrackan he says,” Divine Love alone is sufficient for “the healing of the nations” deep enough, constant, and courageous enough, to speak with authority and command peace. But divine Love also fulfills the law and forgives sin by destroying it. ”
    I am learning that to just seek peace without reconciliation and seeking God’s will first is not acceptable or wise. Thy will be done. May I be ever diligent and seek God’s guidance in all things when praying for our nation and world.

AMB
    Participant

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
    The Bible commentaries I read this week about the above verse brought out the comforting fact that all nations were created by God, and none should ‘assume for itself that it is the cream and flower of humanity’ (Elliott’s Commentary for English Readers). How grateful we can be that God is therefore with every one of us at all times, and none of us can be disadvantaged by where we live, or any other perceived human limitation, such as ethnicity or human past. I am very grateful to be learning this, and that we can all fill our own niche, and do the work God has for us to do.

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this–that passage from Acts stood out to me this morning and the commentary is lovely. It addresses the false notion that some nations or peoples are ‘superior’ or ‘inferior’ to others, when in fact all nations belong to God! Within some of the larger nations there is a seeming infinitude of different peoples, some even yet to be discovered, and there are thousands of languages and dialects all over the world, too many to take note of (although there are those who try!). This always I find humbling and points yet again to the unfathomable infinitude of God’s creation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.