Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God My Preserver

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

PRESERV’ER, noun The person or thing that preserves; one that saves or defends from destruction or evil. Webster’s 1828

The understanding that God is Life, and is the Life I reflect, when understood means a lot!
    It tells me why “I am forever,” since God, Life is forever! This Life is perfect and complete and so is mine. Not of my own but all that He is, I am preserved because I live, move and have my being in Him! Martha Wilcox’s example of the ray from the Sun beautifully relates to this; I am the ray reflecting the Sun’s light and “should” shine naturally forever!

Only those wrong beliefs from wrong education distort this spiritual fact.

Gary
    Participant

Thank you for this post. It really is our only preservation to realize that we are God expressing himself. Elisha had such a clear understanding of God as his preserver. When his servant became fearful of the Syrian army outside the city, Elisha told him not to fear, “for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.” He knew that God is more than anything. Infinite, all-powerful, more in every way. What an example for us when we face what may seem to be an insurmountable problem.
    And because Elisha did not fear the enemy army, when God delivered them blind into his captivity, he did not seek to destroy them. Rather, he treated them civilly, as he would want to be treated himself. He led them to Samaria and fed them. When he sent them home, they were flabbergasted at their treatment. They must have been in shock that they were the object of divine intervention. They clearly got the message and relayed it to the Syrian king, for they never returned as long as Elisha was around.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.