Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God shall judge

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

In preparing for our Bible study last week I read about how Samuel chose the next anointed king, “But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” 1Sa 16:7

This week we read,
    “God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.”Ecclesiastes 3

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.” I Corinthians 3

I see now that not only is man’s human wisdom not able to pick the righteous but not the wicked either. Mrs. Eddy did counsel that a wicked man could have an attractive personality. I am grateful for my practitioner here who reminds me continually to stay with the spiritual facts and keep my heart right with God. Who am I to blame, judge, and condemn, when I do it takes away my peace and my focus off God. I am so grateful to be here learning how to think according to Jesus commands.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you – well said!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.