Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God walking in us

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Spirit — August 7th, 2022 God walking in us

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Izzy_S
    Participant

This week’s lesson is beautiful. I especially love the Bible section 11, from II Corinthians 6.

The instructions to ‘be ye not unequally yoked together’ with those who dabble in questionable behaviours, and to ‘come out from among’ those who do not believe, is clear, and so helpful. It echoes Mrs Eddy’s instruction to us to distance ourselves from society, and brings to mind a previous Round Table discussion, in which we were instructed to ‘set your face as a flint’. I think I remember and understood this correctly, that we do not allow anything or anyone to distract us off course.

What a wonderful thought it is, that God dwells in us, and walks in us!

Realising that God is in every one of His people, and that each of us is yet another representive and expression of Him, has helped me to see everyone I meet as His individual manifestation. It makes it much easier to love them and to see them as complete and perfect. And it helps to understand that every bit of good that is done is God being expressed.

Now if I get stuck at a road junction, I no longer sigh in frustration, but enjoy the opportunity to greet each car that passes and know each is filled with yet more expressions of God, all going about their business (if it’s raining I imagine that the windscreen wipers are saying ‘HALLELUJAH!!’ with each wipe.)

So very grateful for this week’s lesson, and for all that I am learning here, thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.