Topic: God with us | Member Section

Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God with us

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lil 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

spencel
    Participant

“Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.” Rev. 21

“This city of our God has no need of sun or satellite, for Love is the light of it, and divine Mind is its own interpreter. All who are saved must walk in this light.”
    Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy p. 577

“Take heart, dear sufferer, for this reality of being will surely appear sometime and in some way.” S. & H. p. 573

The recent discussion at our Bible study on 1 Peter focused on two main concepts. All are called to be God’s elect and the importance of not giving up when suffering but to endure, stay on the course, be it slow or fast. In a recent teaching testimony it was brought that to endure we must have an “exalted purpose” beyond a focus on self. I find it can be so easy to get caught up in the suffering and focus on the negative. We were reminded at our Roundtable of many ways not to leave our thinking in the negative and the good balance of 10 affirmations to 1 denial. Also last week’s watch ended with, “Mrs. Eddy once said, ‘Never leave a treatment until consciousness is baptized in Love.’” (500 Watching Points by Carpenter) In this week’s Lesson I found the promise, “God is with men,” a comforting reminder of God’s loving presence. We, “must walk in this light” and are to “take heart.”

We are blessed to have all these teachings that build and blend together to help us along this path.

chardelle

Thank you!. 573 : 29-2
    Take heart, dear sufferer, for this reality of being will surely appear sometime and in some way. There will be no more pain, and all tears will be wiped away. When you read this, remember Jesus’ words, “The kingdom of God is within you.” This spiritual consciousness is therefore a present possibility.
    I too have been thinking about this passage from Science and Health and the last sentence ,”This spiritual consciousness is therefore a present possibility.” is so uplifting as we work daily to do all the things mentioned in the above post. Glory be to God and thanks to Mrs. Eddy for her clear understanding!

Lil
    Participant

What a great lesson. I too was struck with “the kingdom of God is within you” S&H p. 573. “God the divine Principle of harmony, is ever with men” S&H p. 573 also touched my heart. God is with us everywhere, every moment. Every time I saw the title of the lesson, I would sing to myself from hymn 206, the end of the second verse, “Behold reality.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.