Topic: God's Reflection | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

God's Reflection

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – September 3rd, 2017 God's Reflection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Russell 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Florence
    Participant

SH 471: 17-18 Man is, and forever has been, God’s reflection! This is such an emphatic, powerful statement! It should make me want to understand all that it means. I may say it often but if I do not take sometime and ponder what it means so that I can know,understand and feel the spirit within it, I cannot benefit from the grace it imparts.

Since in reflection there is still only ONE, Bicknell Young’s Oneness article, on our website and u-tube audio is invaluable for understanding this important statement as we grow in Christian Science.

Next time a false claim comes up read what Mrs. Eddy has given here: SH 515: 25-4 Your mirrored reflection is your own image or likeness. If you lift a weight, your reflection does this also. If you speak, the lips of this likeness move in accord with yours. Now compare man before the mirror to his divine Principle, God. Call the mirror divine Science, and call man the reflection. Then note how true, according to Christian Science, is the reflection to its original. As the reflection of yourself appears in the mirror, so you, being spiritual, are the reflection of God.

chardelle
    Participant

Thank you! I have been thinking a lot about reflection and the Lesson has truly helped me have a deeper understanding. When you think about it, your reflection in a mirror can do absolutely nothing without you doing or moving …. and so it is as we reflect God …. God is our being therefore we can only move and live in accord with Him.

Lil
    Participant

Thank you both very much! Very helpful!!

Linda Russell
    Participant

Wonderful post Florence ! Thank you! So important for me to remember that there is more than just saying words, but the Spirit behind the words.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.