Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

God's remedy

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sharon
    Participant

Truth is God’s remedy for error of every kind and Truth destroys only what is untrue.

I love this statement! You don’t have to do this or that, or take that pill or medicine, exercise for hours or lay in bed feeling sick. You don’t have to have a special education or practice it for years. You only have to apply the Truth with your whole heart, understand the Science that God heals, and expect to be healed. It is the remedy for every situation.

The only thing destroyed is what is untrue, error, a material belief. And Truth doesn’t have any side-affects.

Thank God and Mrs. Eddy for Christian Science.

barbw
    Participant

Nice expansion on Mrs. Eddy’s statement. Another way to think of side effects of Truth is that there are many. They are just all good.

Gary
    Participant

That’s a good way to think about it. I can remember many times asking for help with a problem, and with the Truth and Love that were given me by a practitioner, not only was the problem healed, but other things in my life were made better as well. “Truth is an alterative in the entire system, and can make it ‘every whit whole.'” (S&H, p. 371)

Florence
    Participant

And to know that this Truth is invincible takes its power to another level; this gives us confidence to rely on something unchangeable. .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.