Topic: grateful for the good already received | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

grateful for the good already received

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 1st, 2017 grateful for the good already received

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bruce 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bruce
    Participant

In Science and Health the question is asked “Are we really grateful for the good already received?” And I must say that every time I read this it causes me to stop examine my thought, and the result of this examination is an impulse of health, and joy. This statement acknowledges a basic truth, that good has indeed been received, so this leaves no room for whining. Dr. Jack Templeton has been reported to say “Gratitude, especially to God, is the prerequisite to all other spiritual and moral virtues.” Even Dr. Templeton acknowledges God in reference to gratitude. The lesson makes it clear that “no good is, but the good God bestows.” So, when we make the effort to look for the good, we take it one step further, and credit its source, God. This is a powerful tool for countering the prevalent efforts to induce discontent and complaining in this world.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.