Topic: Grateful for today! | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Grateful for today!

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Grateful for today!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rae Hauck 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Colleen Mostika
    Participant

I am so grateful for the awesome Roundtable discussion and the following powerful Sunday service on “Everlasting Punishment!” To understand that everlasting punishment seems to be, comes from being at one with the wrong mind or mortal mind and this punishment will continue until we get out of this wrong thinking and become one with God. Hence, this unreal, false mortal mind continues to punish itself until it is completely destroyed and dissolves into nothingness.
    I am learning that God creates and governs every right idea that constitutes our consciousness. Real ideas that abide in thought are all we will ever need and heaven is when our entire consciousness is right ideas. If I seem to have the wrong sense of an idea, I can immediately release it and know that God holds reign over this idea and blesses man with the right idea only. I trust God and know his eternal ideas contain no evil, for “God is Love.” ( Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, pg.2:23, Mary Baker Eddy) What an awesome God is our God!

Thank you Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent for the bountiful blessings you bestow on all that come to your table!!

Rae Hauck
    Participant

Thanks, Colleen. For years I’ve been doing the regular Bible lessons from the Mother Church, but never really understood why Everlasting Punishment was one of them. I’d just skip over those words, like NO WAY. I knew better, but after the Roundtable discussion, I had a greater understanding of how to handle the accuser each time. Not to let it slide, but handle it now. What a surprise to find the answer Mary Beth shared in the discussion. It was at the back of the Plainfield Bible lesson in plain view!

“Alertness to Duty
    It shall be the duty of every member of this Church to defend himself daily against aggressive mental suggestion, and not be made to forget nor to neglect his duty to God, to his Leader, and to mankind. By his works he shall be judged,–and justified or condemned. (Church Manual, Article VIII, Sect. 6)”

(…not be made to forget nor neglect his duty…)came through loud and clear! Thank you all for a great discussion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.