Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Gratitude versus Animal Magnetism

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

A friend once told me they wondered why the Weekly Lesson specifically focusing on Animal Magnetism was placed in the rotation to be studied during the same week as the Thanksgiving Service. This person told me they came to appreciate the decision to do this even more as time went on.
    Their conclusion was that gratitude to God, felt and expressed during the thanksgiving service was the very thing most needed to counteract the claims of animal magnetism that any person may be experiencing during this time.
    I remembered this as I read both lessons for Thanksgiving and this Sunday’s lesson about Mesmerism. The Thanksgiving service pointed out so many reasons to be grateful for what were learning here at Plainfield about God. They emphasized God’s protection and provision for his children.
    Then the Sunday Lesson readings on “Ancient and Modern Necromancy…” helped to dismantle any claims of evil as being real or rivaling God’s presence and Power.
    Much Gratitude for this One-Two punch (against error) from these two potent Bible Lessons!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.