Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Grieved For The Hardness of Heart

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christ Jesus — August 30th, 2020 Grieved For The Hardness of Heart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Mark 3 : 1-5, 13-15, 22-27
    1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.
    2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.
    3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.
    4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
    5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

What an example Christ Jesus is to all who are seeking to know God-His was a Life against all wrong, with an individual and collective mission, one that expressed Universal Love and an enduring compassion for all who suffered wrong.He healed the withered hand on Sabbath day. When He saw the woman of Nain, whose only son had died He stopped, paid attention and comforted by raising him etc…

This Love made Him rebuke the hardened hearts of men and would today rebuke indifference to others’ suffering or any action motivated by hate. He wants us to own NO qualities underived from God. In these times when error is screaming incessantly, it can be easy to become numb to others’ pain. I am glad to feel awakened to Jesus’ example! It’s making me keenly aware in watching and praying for the fires, hurricanes etc. to also include Love’s mighty comfort for those who have “lost” loved ones in these times; whether due to the fear of pandemic or from other violent acts.

The Christ is present everywhere, and is speaking to all from this: John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.. We can all pray that we are not tempted to disobey that divine command.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.