Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Handling fear in Mrs. Eddy's home

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

I think it is so interesting and also helpful to read in the book, “Mary Baker Eddy, Her Spiritual Footsteps” by Gilbert Carpenter, the great importance Mrs. Eddy put on handling fear on a daily basis. He writes on page 111, “The morning Watch Hour was from nine to ten, when each student returned to his or her room to do the mental work to destroy fear, and to recognized the presence and power of God as supreme in the home, as well as in the whole universe. This work did not vary from day to day, except where special instruction was needed and given us.” A study of this chapter, about the daily work at Pleasant View, is extremely instructive and telling. Mrs. Eddy and her workers would spend the entire day working and praying for the Cause of Christian Science. With this as an example, I have worked to incorporate some of this holy “routine” into my own daily life and certainly beginning the day with a Watch to wipe out any trace of fear and to establish in thought the supremacy of God is a powerful way to begin.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.