Topic: Hath versus Hath Not | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Hath versus Hath Not

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 13th, 2017 Hath versus Hath Not

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susanne 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JPalmer
    Participant

6. Matthew 13
    12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

This statement has been one that confused me before. Humanly, it seemed almost cruel. Today, however, I read it and thought that the first “hath” seemed to be referring to whoever has gratitude, and joy, and love for God and mankind, to this thought more will be given. But if we don’t have gratitude, or joy, or love for God and mankind, we will lose whatever we have that is in place of these things, until we finally become receptive to what is real and true and good.

I am so grateful for this church and all I am learning here, because every week I am gaining so much! Thank you for this, and every, lesson!

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you, Jeremy. I looked into the Amplified Version of the Bible and it goes as follows:

Matthew 13
    12 For whoever has [spiritual wisdom because he is receptive to God’s word], to him more will be given, and he will be richly and abundantly supplied; but whoever does not have [spiritual wisdom because he has devalued God’s word], even what he has will be taken away from him.

I love how you stated this: …”until we finally become receptive to what is real and true and good.” Because fact is, God is always speaking to us. It’s just a matter of when we finally get on board–and listen to Him!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.