Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"He be not far from every one of us."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Adam and Fallen Man — May 10th, 2020 "He be not far from every one of us."

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:” Acts 17: 27

“There, in the depths of each man’s being, not in temples made with hands, men might find God and hold communion with him … God is not far from every one of us. … The writer of the Book of Deuteronomy (Deuteronomy 30:11-14) had asserted a like truth when he taught Israel that ‘the word was not in heaven, or beyond the sea,’ but ‘in thy mouth and in thine heart, that thou mayest do it.'” Ellicott’s Commentary for English Readers

The citation from our Lesson this week brought to thought the repeated question in our classes – “Do you feel the power of Truth, Christ? Do you feel God’s presence? ‘Felt ye the power of the Word?'” These questions come with the practical solutions and clear teaching of Mrs. Eddy’s pure Science. I can work to feel God by daily practice of the precepts which break down the wall that keeps us from feeling the nearness of God. (For example not indulge in self-pity. I can express gratitude and pray for others.) I spent many years either living in my “head” (intellect) or feeling the world’s material influence rather than my Father/Mother God. Now I am finding through the tools provide here and the support of my practitioner I can chip away at this wall. The beauty of this Science is that it is available to anyone anywhere.

“Saw ye my Saviour? Heard ye the glad sound?
    Felt ye the power of the Word?
    Twas the Truth that made us free,
    And was found by you and me
    In the life and the love of our Lord.”
    Hymn 298 From The Christian Science Hymnal, 1932 edition. The words to this hymn were written by Mary Baker Eddy.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.