Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

He performeth the thing that is appointed for me.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man — March 8th, 2020 He performeth the thing that is appointed for me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Betty S
    Participant

“For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.” Job 23: 14

This statement stood out to me this week. The story of Daniel in this week’s lesson is a wonderful example of this. Daniel and his companions knew that God would supply the answer regarding the dream and it’s interpretation.

It was very comforting and reassuring that God is doing whatever it is necessary for me to do. He does the appointing and the doing. It is therefore really important for me to get fear, pressure, pride, personal sense and self out of the way so that God can freely work through me. It says in the Daily Watch (#138) this week, “God is sending forth more than you receive; hence your effort must be to increase your capacity to receive.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.