Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

He Shall Rule Over Thee.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Adam and Fallen Man – May 7th, 2017 He Shall Rule Over Thee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Gen 3:16 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This Scriptural saying has been taken literally by many cultures as a way of dominating woman! I once had a very “Christian” man use this to tell me how his wife should obey him.

What we have in Science and Health beautifully answers this lie on page 517: Divine Love blesses its own ideas, and causes them to multiply, — to manifest His power. Man is not made to till the soil. His birthright is dominion, not subjection. He is lord of the belief in earth and heaven, — himself subordinate alone to his Maker. This is the Science of being. Man as generic for Woman and Man! What a great day it will be when this Truth is realized the world over!!

Florence
    Participant

It is interesting that in most of these cultures it is the women who are holding the households together in more ways than one!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.