Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Hezekiah. Fifteen Years.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Love — August 2nd, 2020 Hezekiah. Fifteen Years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

Thank you for the very inspiring lesson this week.

I was wondering, probably due to lack of spiritual understanding of this Bible story Isaiah 38:1-6, why the Lord gave Hezekiah fifteen years and not twenty, thirty, or infinity?

Kerry
    Participant

I found something in the Barnes Notes on the Bible:

“Behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years – This is perhaps the only instance in which any man has been told exactly how long he would live. Why God specified the time cannot now be known. It was, however, a full answer to the prayer of Hezekiah, and the promise is a full demonstration that God is the hearer of prayer, and that he can answer it at once.”

Kerry
    Participant

I found something in the Barnes Notes on the Bible:

“Behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years – This is perhaps the only instance in which any man has been told exactly how long he would live. Why God specified the time cannot now be known. It was, however, a full answer to the prayer of Hezekiah, and the promise is a full demonstration that God is the hearer of prayer, and that he can answer it at once.”

Susan
    Participant

Thank you so much for this reply. It is very helpful. I was wondering the significance of 15 years but this answers it well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.