Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

How long halt ye between two opinions?

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – July 3rd, 2016 How long halt ye between two opinions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

4. I Kings 18
    21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
    23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
    33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
    35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
    38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
    39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

Elijah’s complete faith that God can overcome any obstacle is so inspiring! I had myself in a humanly impossible situation, drowning in decades of ungodly behavior, and essentially in a blink God changed it all and brought me here. I marvel over it quite often still, as humanly there seemed to be no solution.

Also, it is a good reminder to me that I don’t need to “prepare the way” or “make it easy” for God to work. To do that is to still be halting between two opinions. I need to work within my own consciousness to completely realize His allness, and trust that His work will be done in His time.

I am so grateful for this week’s lesson. Thank you!

Susanne
    Participant

What struck me here is that you allowed the old stuff to completely burn away, just as any doubt was burned away on the altar, even the water was licked up!

So many people wallow in their past, ruminate, and what a waste of time that is. We are taught to never forget how far we’ve come, but we have no time to waste on the past because there is so much of God’s glory to experience and share in the NOW, as you say, “completely realizing His allness” and trusting His perfect plan. Hallelujah!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.