Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

human footsteps

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“…the human footsteps leading to perfection are indispensable.” Since coming to Plainfield and beginning the process of learning how to demonstrate Christian Science this statement has meaning to me. The practical lessons help me build my relationship with God rather than just intellectually read about it. I can see why children so naturally take these footsteps because they are open, humble, forgiving, happy, willing to learn, persistent and why Jesus said we must become like them.

I came across the line from Science and Health, “Every valley of sin must be exalted, and every mountain of selfishness be brought low, that the highway of our God may be prepared in Science.” This to me is active repentance and reformation. We are taught here continually to become unselfish. I am realizing that this is more that a bad trait that needs changing but a rule that must be lived to practice this Science.

Selfishly:
    The exclusive of a person to his own interest or happiness; or that supreme self-love or self-preference, which leads a person in his actions to direct his purposes to the advancement of his own interest, power or happiness, without regarding the interest of others. Selfishness, in its worst or unqualified sense, is the very essence of human depravity, and it stands in direct opposition to benevolence, which is the essence of the divine character.
    (1828 Webster’s Dictionary)

I am so grateful for all that is done at this church to help us break this dream of personality and be the individual of God’s creating.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.