Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

I am not ashamed…

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 7th, 2018 I am not ashamed…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susanne
    Participant

The Responsive Reading Romans 1:16, starts out with Paul stating, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.”

This was one of the topics discussed in our wonderful Bible Study this morning, and I just wanted to add the following from Matthew Henry’s Commentary:

“There is a great deal in the gospel which such a man as Paul might be tempted to be ashamed of, especially that he whose gospel it is was a man hanged upon a tree, that the doctrine of it was plain, had little in it to set it off among scholars, the professors of it were mean and despised, and every where spoken against; yet Paul was not ashamed to own it. I reckon him a Christian indeed that is neither ashamed of the gospel nor a shame to it.” (emphasis added)

In the past I used to be ashamed to share Christian Science, because now I see I was a shame to it, for I was not truly living it!!! Thanks to the teachings in this church, by learning to live it, I can now share Christian Science freely.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Thanks for sharing!!

A couple of random items also from Matthew Henry’s explanation of Habakkuk;
    When things look bad we are apt to aggravate them and make them worse.
    When all is gone God is still here.
    When we are full we enjoy God in all, when emptied and impoverished we can enjoy all in God.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.