Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man — March 8th, 2020 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

GOLDEN TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4 : 13
    “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

I first heard this in the Christian churches my family attended as child, and it sounded nice, but with time I felt it was just a trite saying. I see now that it felt trite or untrue because I was increasingly relying on the human mind and material means to try to navigate my daily life. In that state, I steadily found that I could do nothing through mortal mind which weakened me.

But now, after being a member of this church for a while, and learning Christian Science, this above statement has new meaning to me: My connection through Christ to all that God is – Truth, Life, Love, Soul, Spirit, Principle, and Mind – allows God to express through me all good and real activity.

So, what does this mean, day-to-day? Can I lift a car over my head? No. Can I lift someone’s thought with inspired words of Truth and Love? Yes! Can I fly? No. Can I rise up over the mesmeric suggestions of animal magnetism so that I can do my “duty to God, to [my] Leader, and to mankind”? Yes!

Those comic book ideas of what strength meant to me as a child needed to be put aside so that I could learn what strength truly is, and the value of it. More and more I understand why my practitioner has said that we need to watch out for the things that come to steal our Christ: Losing that connection with God takes our strength, our purpose, our usefulness, and our peace.

I am so grateful to God for bringing me to this church, and for all the practical teaching I have gained through the lessons and practitioner support that are showing me how to live this Science and maintain that connection. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.