Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

“I can’t and I won’t. . .”

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board “I can’t and I won’t. . .”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ldshap
    Participant

During this morning’s Roundtable discussion (10/24/21), Carol shared an experience when she was sitting one day with Mrs. Evan’s mother, Alice, who was ill in bed. Alice was repeating over and over, “I don’t know what to do.” Carol stated to her affirmatively, “You DO know what to do,” to which Alice sat up and repeated emphatically, “I DON’T know what to do!”

This afternoon, I was listening to Bruce’s reading of Ralph B. Spencer’s book, The Overwhelming Evidence Concerning Spiritual Healings Through Mary Baker Eddy. The 15th healing listed under the heading, “Recorded Healings by Mary Baker Eddy,” gives the account of a little girl who could not talk. Her reaction to Mrs. Eddy was very similar to Alice’s response to Carol: “Mrs. Mosher went to the office where Mrs. Eddy and a student were at work, and saw there a girl who was afflicted with dumbness, whom a student had not been able to heal. At last the student asked Mrs. Eddy to help. Mrs. Mosher was present when Mrs. Eddy walked up to the dumb girl and said, ‘God did not send this upon you. You can speak. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command you to speak.’ The girl shrank back, crying out, ‘I can’t and I won’t and fled out of the room. But she was able to speak, ever after” (emphasis added).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.