Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"I will bring you to the man whom ye seek"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Preserver of Man – June 11th, 2017 "I will bring you to the man whom ye seek"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

5. II Kings 6
    18 …Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness.
    19 And Elisha said unto them, …follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.
    23 And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.

It is so telling how, when the Syrians were separated from their material vision, they became docile as sheep. In this state, Elisha sought no retribution, nor did he even view them as his enemies. Elisha knew when he told them, “I will bring you to the man whom ye seek” that this “man” (the human mind’s lies) was their enemy – not himself nor the Israelites. Therefore he brought them to where they might find it, if they still wished to.

I wonder how many were changed permanently by Elisha’s treatment. What’s more, I wonder if any realized that it was the power of the one God, not Elisha the man, that did this.

I am grateful to Christian Science and all I am learning here for helping me to recognize the Christ when encountered, and to not be as blind as I once was to the glory of God’s power and mercy. Thank you!

chardelle

Thank you for this post! I have been thinking a lot about this Bible story this week. Since learning about it since coming to Plainfield it has become one of my favorites. Elisha trusted and knew God’s power and shared it with the young man who asked, “How shall we do?” He was shown the glory of God’s protection as Elisha led the army away to Samaria. This story is helping me to remain focused on God during the troubling times that we hear or see in the news. God hasn’t changed and He is the ONLY ruler of the universe including man. I ask myself, “How shall we do?” and know God will show me and all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.