Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Probation After Death – April 28th, 2019 I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

1. Psalm 116 : 1-9
    1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
    2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
    3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
    4 Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
    5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    6 The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
    7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.
    8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
    9 I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

This has really touched me this week, as it is the exact steps which brought me from the certainty that my only option was to take my life, to being brought to Plainfield and learning about Christian Science. I marvel often how it seemed like an insurmountable problem – to me, anyway – and yet once I called to Him it all changed very quickly and completely. That is always my benchmark now if an obstacle feels large: God delivered me from certain death, so this small thing will crumble as well!

It also has me thinking of how – in last week’s lesson – Christ Jesus asked for the “disciples and Peter.” (Mark 16:7) At first, I thought that it was such a kind and loving thing, to include Peter. And, of course, it was! But more importantly, I feel the ultimate message to Peter is the same as what I was given: “Alright, you got knocked around, but there is still work for you to do!”

I am very grateful that Christ’s Christianity includes hope, peace, joy, and purpose! Thank you!

lindasapara
    Participant

This Psalm is written with such empathy/understanding of the human mind, yet it is showing us the way to be delivered from it. “I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.” I see this as placing God in front of us with everything we do and He will show us what we need to know to progress. We do not have to know everything that MBE wrote in order to be worthy. We are worthy because he loves us and we want to know him better. As Jeremy say, “Alright, you got knocked around, but there is still work for you to do!” Dust off and He will meet us where we are and lead the way to understanding and knowing that spiritual sense destroys the material! So grateful to be a new member of Plainfield!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.